Japanese Business Association of Vancouver
The Objective of the Organization
Japanese Business Association of Vancouver (also known as Konwakai) aims to foster mutual friendship, to enhance child education by Japanese language, to harmonize with local communities, and to discuss issues common to its members, thereby facilitating members’ business activities, thereby contributing to the societies of both Japan and Canada, and to promote economic exchanges in the Pacific Rim.
The Establishment Date of the Organization
- 1956 – Japanese Business Association of Vancouver was established
The Number of Members
|As of the Year 2018||Corporate||54 Members|
- Economic and Foreign Exchange Seminars (twice a year)
- Immigration Law Seminars
- Tax-Related Seminars
- Christmas Party
- Golf Tournaments (6 times a year)
- Ordinary Member – Corporations based in the province of British Columbia that fall under any of the following conditions.
- Canadian corporations funded by a Japanese business entity, or a subsidiary of a Japanese corporation.
- Corporations with representatives from Japan.
- Special Member – Corporations or individuals based within the province of British Columbia who do not qualify as an ordinary member, and who agree with the objective of the Society.