Vancouver Japan Business Association
Vancouver Japan Business Association (also known as Kiyukai) was established in November 1987, by a group of like-minded business owners residing in Vancouver, and was registered as a non-profit in 1993, in British Columbia, Canada.
The Objective of the Organization
The purpose of Kiyukai is to contribute to the development of Nikkei, Japanese in Canada, business through the discussion of common interest topics, exchange of information through events, and by providing opportunities.
To provide opportunities for mutually beneficial information exchange, this association holds a variety of events such as seminars, discussions, and membership networking dinner events, as well as other events held in conjunction with other Vancouver organizations (Japan-Canada Chamber of Commerce, Vancouver Mokuyokai etc) to further broaden our network.
The Establishment Date of the Organization
- 1987 – Vancouver Japan Business Association (Kiyukai) was established
- Spring Gatherings, Speaker Meetings (twice per annum)
- Networking Discovery (every two months)
- “Bantera” Juku Activities – Mutual cultivation through the discussion about Nikkei communities (every two months, 5 times per annum)
- Golf Tournaments, Barbecue, Bowling Events and Nikkei Award Christmas Party (once per annum, each)
The Kiyukai membership represents a wide variety of businesses, including Food business, Legal/Accounting, Architecture, Retail, Restaurant, Trade, Financial/Insurance, Education, Travel/Hotel, Real Estate, Transportation, Communications/Media, Internet and Service Industry.
|Types of Membership||Annual Due|
* Up to 5 Representatives
Non-members are welcomed to attend every event, for an additional fee.