Vancouver Japanese Gardeners Association
The Objective of the Organization
- To promote interest in and the study of Gardening and Landscaping
- To educate and increase the Knowledge of the members and generally encourage good gardening and landscaping
- To solicit or raise money for the aforesaid object
- To do all such things as are necessary to attainment of such object
- To co-operate with other organizations whether incorporated or not, which have objects similar to in whole or part to the objects this society
The Establishment Date of the Organization
- 1959 – Vancouver Japanese Gardeners Association was established
The Number of Members
|As of the Year 2020||Corporate||Members|
Study sessions featuring lecturers from inside and outside of the association are held throughout the year to enhance knowledge of the members and non-members. We make an exhibition garden for Sakura Festival to publicize beauty of Japanese Gardens in the Canadian community. Spring Plant Sale has been held in April for many years. We not only sell plants but also share our knowledge with community members. Sumi Garden Tour, which is named after our founder, has been held in August for 25 years.
Social activities are;
- New Year’s Party in January
- Picnic in July
- Mochi Pounding in December.
Even if you do not have any experiences, you can start your own business after apprenticing for one of our members for a few years. Please contact us if you are interested.
Conditions to become a full-fledged member
Recommendation by two members and approval by the board.